iPod Repair Guides
Below you will find extensive content to help revive your iPod if you are experiencing problems starting your iPod. We have also included Repair Guides designed to help you replace & repair parts inside your iPod.
If you're having trouble with an iPod, try these steps (known as the five R's) one at a time until the issue's are resolved. These steps can help revive a troubled iPod and save time and money you would otherwise spend on parts/labor.
Note: Please make sure that your iPod is fully charged and toggle the Hold switch on and off before performing these steps.
- 1. Reset your iPod (1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen), iPod nano (1st or 2nd Gen), iPod video (1st or 2nd Gen), iPod mini(1st or 2nd Gen), or iPod shuffle(1st or 2nd Gen). Holding Menu + Center buttons for at least 6 seconds normally will reset your iPod. Hold Menu + Play on the 3rd Generation iPod to perform a reset.
- 2. Retry your iPod with a different USB or FireWire port on your computer (please note that the latest iPods can only be synced through USB: iPod Video & iPod Nano).
- 3. Restart your computer, and make sure that you have the latest software updates installed.
- 4. Reinstall your iPod and iTunes software. You can download the latest versions of iPod Updater and iTunes from Apple.com.
- 5. Restore your iPod using the latest iPod Updater. Please note that restoring an iPod will erase all songs and files on your iPod and restore it back to its original settings. After restoring, you can transfer your music and files from your computer back to your iPod again.
iPod, iPhone and iPad Repair Guides:
The guides below will help you replace parts needed to restore functionality to your broken iPod, iPhone or iPad. These guides are a great reference for replacing: iPod batteries, iPod LCD screens, iPod Hard drives, iPod casings & much more.
|iPhone 4S disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPhone 4 disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPod Video (1st & 2nd Gen) disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPod Nano (1st Gen) disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPod Nano (2nd Gen) disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPod Nano (4th Gen) disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPhone 3G disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
iPhone 3GS disassembly repair guide: Click HERE
|iPod Classic (2nd Gen) disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPod Touch (2nd Gen) disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPad disassembly repair guide: Click HERE|
|iPod iVue installation guide: Click HERE|