iVue for 2009 Classic 160Gb thin back

Updated Info about the new iVue Panels!

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

Classic160
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPod Classic 160Gb
I've owned this device for: Over 5 years.

iVue for 2009 Classic 160Gb thin back

Post by Classic160 » November 4th, 2016, 12:29 pm

I’m going to be modding my iPod Classic to flash storage soon. I really like the look of the iVue clear case and I’m thinking of changing the front cover while my iPod will be opened up. I read through this forum for info but the posts seem to be quite old so I thought I’d ask a couple of questions to get more current information.

My iPod Classic is NOT the Video model, it’s the last generation of 160Gb with a thin back. Is the iVue compatible with my Classic?

The description for the Classic iVue case says: ‘’ Slight modification needed for Classic, we will include a frame for self-installs’’. Can anyone tell me what this modification is?

Have the issues that were present a few years back been resolved? I read mainly about clickwheel problems and screws not lining up properly. Is this still the case?

I’m guessing the extra frame included with the Classic kit addresses the issue of misaligned screws but then my concern is do the main circuit board and lcd display panel fit perfectly into this ‘new’ frame and will everything line up with the original back panel?

Maybe someone who has already installed the iVue on the same model of Classic could post a few comments.

Thanks. Great looking case, I hope to be able to install one.

RapidRepair
Founder
Founder

Re: iVue for 2009 Classic 160Gb thin back

Post by RapidRepair » November 8th, 2016, 4:10 pm

All thats needed to mod would be a frame from the iPod Video. Simple as that. discard the classic frame and metal lcd backing and install ivue with video frame and your done!