2 screws fries the motherboard, wha!?

Discuss anything iPhone here all generations and all model iPhones!

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

DreamTaco
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPhone 5c
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

2 screws fries the motherboard, wha!?

Post by DreamTaco » October 22nd, 2015, 6:14 pm

Ok so I just went and had my screen replaced, which was a mistake to begin with. But when he was finished there were 2 pinstripes all the way from top to bottom, he said "ahh your lcd must be damaged." Well 2 minutes of research makes him sound like an idiot for saying that since they replaced the entire assembly. So I came back and said "don't you think it's odd that I pay 100 bucks and my screen still isn't working?" Anyway, they put a new screen on and it magically works (dorks) So the owner tells me my power button is shorting, so I told him I already had the ribbon cable on order and was going to do it myself. He then tells me that it's a nightmare, and there are 2 screws that if you take them off in the wrong sequence, will fry the motherboard. Say what? I'm not an expert, but I have some experience building computers, that seems a little...hokey. Was he right? I watched numerous videos, and no mention of these 2 aweful screws. Someone care to fill me in?

RapidRepair
Founder
Founder

Re: 2 screws fries the motherboard, wha!?

Post by RapidRepair » August 15th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Ive never heard of that before. You should always disconnect the battery when doing any type of work on the device though. This way there is no way to fry anything!