Dropped my iPhone and now touch screen doesn't work

Discuss anything iPhone here all generations and all model iPhones!

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

havamal
Noob
Noob

Dropped my iPhone and now touch screen doesn't work

Post by havamal » February 14th, 2008, 2:36 am

I dropped my iPhone and now the touch screen doesn't work. I can receive calls if I have the headphones in because I just click the button on the headphones to answer. I can also listen to music on it by turning the music on and off using the same button on the headphones. I can power on/off and reset the phone too. I just can't use the screen--the touch screen is completely unresponsive.

Can this be fixed?

Justin

Post by Justin » February 18th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Yes, it can be fixed. Your LCD would need to be replaced, and you can order one from our site here: http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/4120-lc ... phone.html if you are interested. Hope that helps!

alex88
Noob
Noob

Post by alex88 » August 14th, 2008, 3:32 pm

I dropped my phone in the toilet and i got it to be dry inside and now it works but i cannot unlock the phone. when i touch the screen with my finger to bring it over, it wont do anything. I think that anywhere that i would touch it would not work. The touching part is not working. Is there anything that i can do?

Justin

Post by Justin » August 14th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Your phone most likely has corrosion on the mainboard and LCD. The LCD would have to be replaced if the touch sensor (digitizer) isn't functioning, but the only way we would know for sure would be if you sent it in for our free diagnostic testing, which you can sign up for on our website. Hope that helps!

alex88
Noob
Noob

Post by alex88 » August 15th, 2008, 11:01 pm

the phone seems to be functioning properly. It receives phone calls. The only thing thats wrong with it, is that i cannot get it to unlock. Do you think it could stilll have corrosion on the motherboard even tho i can get calls and everything else working properly?

Justin

Post by Justin » August 18th, 2008, 9:31 am

Definitely. Often times when there is corrosion damage it only affects small portions of the functionality, but usually a crucial part that requires repair. Sorry!

agk007
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPhone
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Re: Dropped my iPhone and now touch screen doesn't work

Post by agk007 » October 15th, 2009, 4:43 pm

ok heres the deal, if you have good electronics skills, you can go to www.ifixit.com and purchase just the digitizer (touch part) of the screen. it takes a lil elbow grease to swap out, but it keeps you from having to buy a whole new LCD, if you LCD works then dont waste ur money on buying another one. if the touch part doesnt work, replace the touch portion of the screen not the whole darn thing. oh and another thing, itll save you alot of money :) the touch part is only about 59 bucks or so, and they are brand new. my friend dropped his phone in the toilet and it did the same thing, he gave it to me to fix for him, and all i did was change out the touch part. www.ifixit.com also has a tutorial on how to take the phone apart and it shows you how to separate the LCD from the digitizer. i hope this helps, but keep in mind BE VERY CAREFUL in doin this, thas sum delicate stuff in ther.