Ipod 1st or 2nd Gen Disabled

iPod related problems

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

fungui
Noob
Noob
My Device: Ipod
I've owned this device for: A week or two.

Ipod 1st or 2nd Gen Disabled

Post by fungui » September 19th, 2013, 12:50 am

I am trying to restore an Ipod that has been disabled due to incorrect passcode entries. The ipod is either a 1st or 2nd gen Ipod, and it will not enter recovery nor DFU mode. When the Ipod is on the screen says "ipod is disabled, connect to Itunes." I have never synced this ipod to my desktop computer, and do not have access to a computer that has been synced. When connected to itunes a popup appears which states, "Itunes could not connect to the ipod touch because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the ipod touch before it can be used with itunes." There is no option to restore.

Obviously I cannot enter the passcode, because the ipod is disabled. I have put many ipods/iphones into both recovery mode and DFU mode, but cannot get this ipod to enter either. I have tried RecBoot, but received an error from a missing .dll file. When I downloaded said .dll file, placed it in the same folder as the .exe, and reran the program a CMD window appeared saying "no error" but nothing happened.

Both the home and power button work, but for some reason I cannot even complete a hard reset. I can take screenshots by pressing them both, but am unable to do anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT It is a 2nd Gen 8GB EDIT*

bvronko

Re: Ipod 1st or 2nd Gen Disabled

Post by bvronko » September 30th, 2013, 1:13 pm

There still may be corrosion or something preventing you from performing a long press hold on the home button for instance. You could send it in to us for a diagnosis and we would be able to tell you why it can't go into DFU mode. We offer free diagnostic service here http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipod-re ... vices.html