Ipod Reboot loop (help needed)

iPod related problems

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

FireFighterTyler
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPod
I've owned this device for: A week or two.

Ipod Reboot loop (help needed)

Post by FireFighterTyler » June 22nd, 2013, 8:07 pm

So after working one & getting a 4th gen ipod working, I replaced LCD/Digitizer, I have a real issue.

The ipod is stuck in what would be a true reboot loop. It flashes the apple logo, increases screen brightness some, than flashes a white screen (all under a second!) and just keeps doing this. I cannot get it into recovery mode nor DFU mode as it is unresponsive. When plugged into a computer (without iTunes), I can push and hold the sleep & home buttons which will cause it to stay black, but still not getting anything. I've tried doing the hard power off while plugged in and after letting go of the buttons, holding the volume up button, but that did not work either.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any possible fixes? I'm currently waiting for it to die (gonna take a while) and going to see if that will allow it to boot up without issues...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tyler

John

Re: Ipod Reboot loop (help needed)

Post by John » July 19th, 2013, 11:06 am

Hi Tyler,

DFU mode would probably be the best bet here, or there might be a battery issue. If the unit is still not able to boot, please send it in so that we can take a look at it! Add Diagnostic Service to your order! Thank You.