Ipod 4th gen Problems

iPod related problems

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

FireFighterTyler
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPod
I've owned this device for: A week or two.

Ipod 4th gen Problems

Post by FireFighterTyler » June 18th, 2013, 10:41 am

So the other day my sister in law brought over her old white 4th gen iPod Touch. I was told if I can fix it I can have it. I've fixed many iPods and this one was a success, or so I thought. This ipod went through the washer, but sat in rice for several months. I opened it up and used a blow dryer to completely dry out the device. Put it back together and viola! It Worked! I got it working yesterday, but this morning I went to check it for notifications and such, and the screen was black, and would not power on. I proceeded to take the screen off and check cables. Tried 10 different tries of unconnecting and reconnecting the cables. and got nothing. I tried one more time but the last time I hit it with a hair dryer for a minute, reconnected cables, and it worked without a problem. It got a black screen again after just sitting there for a few hours not being used. and had the repeat the process again for it to work correctly again.

Any ideas of what the possible problem could be? Everything works 100% on it excluding the screen glitch.

bvronko

Re: Ipod 4th gen Problems

Post by bvronko » July 31st, 2013, 10:50 am

With corrosion it is hard to say what exactly could be causing that issue. You should try resetting the device when it goes black. To really try to resolve the issue you should disassemble the unit completely and clean the corrosion with isopropyl alcohol. Be extremely careful when connecting the LCD connector on that device it is very easy to break it.