ipod classic 80gb big x

iPod related problems

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

dks123
Noob
Noob
My Device: ipod classic 80gb
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

ipod classic 80gb big x

Post by dks123 » November 8th, 2012, 10:21 pm

so awhile ago i set my bag behind the bar i worked at setting it on top of the soda gun leaking an entire box of cranberry juice into my bag drowning my ipod. it was turned off. i immediately put it under a heater and placed in a bag of rice for a really long time. a couple of weeks ago it turned on and said connect to power source. now the screen won't light up and when i plug it in and turn on i see a very faded big red x. i can't put into disk mode or anything. my question is. will i ever be able to get the music off? all of the music on there i no longer have due to my old computer crashing and switching to a laptop. is the music salvageable or is that a big negative? please help.

bvronko

Re: ipod classic 80gb big x

Post by bvronko » November 20th, 2012, 10:06 pm

Well if the unit turns on enough to to show the red X then you should put it up to your ear right after you plug it in. If you hear the hard drive spinning, without clicking, groaning, etc, then the music may be recoverable. If you don't hear the hard drive spinning then it could still be functional enough to data recover, but no real way of knowing unless we have it in our hands. If you're interested in getting started here is a link to our free testing service. http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipod-re ... vices.html