Itouch 4g camera broken

iPod related problems

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

amoslieber
Noob
Noob
My Device: itouch
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Itouch 4g camera broken

Post by amoslieber » December 17th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Hi everyone. I was repairing a broken digitizer and unforunately it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. I eventually got the digitizer on, and its working, but while taking the touch apart I broke the wifi flex ribbon, which I think I can fix, but the camera stopped working as well. When I go to the camera function it just flickers.

I'm a little confused though, because I never touched the back camera. I did notice something unusual about my itouch from the ones I saw on the videos. The protective plate that covers the battery/motherboard has a piece of square copper and from that copper there was a strip which then wrapped around the back camera. That strip of copper essentially connected the underside of the protective plate to the back camera of the itouch. Well it broke. I'm guessing it grounded the camera. Anyways, I was able to take of the metal piece covering the camera and that allows me to connect the copper again, but the camera still doesn't work. I'd try replacing the camera, but I can't really get to the underside of the motherboard, but I still question if the camera is even broken. Can someone offer some advice/suggestions?

bvronko

Re: Itouch 4g camera broken

Post by bvronko » December 26th, 2011, 9:51 am

You have likely either damaged the camera module/ribbon or it is unplugged from the motherboard slightly.