iPod Stuck with white screen

iPod related problems

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

DennisC
Noob
Noob

iPod Stuck with white screen

Post by DennisC » July 8th, 2009, 11:15 pm

My iPod Touch 2g 8GB just shows a white screen now. I took it apart and when I put it back together, I accidentally reversed the gold piece and it shorted out a resistor I think. It smelled like something was burning was I noticed something was wrong. I quickly took out the gold piece and the screen was white. I tried restoring and restarting but it still shows a white screen. The smells comes from the backside bottom right corner of my iPod logic board. Anyone know what may be causing it to display a white screen? I have the iPod off right now and if I turn it on it starts to smell like something is melting. Image Can this tiny part be replaced since that's what is causing the smell?

RapidRepair
Founder
Founder

Re: iPod Stuck with white screen

Post by RapidRepair » July 9th, 2009, 4:41 pm

You probably shorted something on the board. If that component is fried then you will have to get it replaced for full functionality again. You could always send it to RR for a free diagnostic too. Or try a new LCD.

DennisC
Noob
Noob

Post by DennisC » July 9th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Yea, I know I shorted something out. I think it was the resistor on the other side of the board. The component is fried so can I desolder a working one off an broken main board and solder it on the board? I will try a new lcd next week.

DennisC
Noob
Noob

Post by DennisC » July 26th, 2009, 4:29 am

I removed the little component and now it doesn't burn when the ipod is on. Can this component be replaced? The contacts for it are almost gone or they are very small.

pijalone
Noob
Noob
My Device: ipod touch
I've owned this device for: Over 6 months.

Post by pijalone » January 24th, 2010, 10:43 pm

I have the same problem, I already desolder it and its not a resistor but an inductor. Did you resolve your problem? Anybody know this inductor value?

davidpopovich
Noob
Noob
My Device: ipod touch gen2
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by davidpopovich » May 29th, 2012, 6:46 pm

I also have a blown inductor, I see no reply to the thread... hopefully the awsome people at rapidrepair have measured the value of this component on the locig board by now. Please help!!!

jaffspage
My Device: Cell Phone
I've owned this device for: Over 6 months.

Post by jaffspage » June 6th, 2012, 5:13 am

I have the same issue, I already desolder it and its not a resistor but an inductor. Did you take care of your problem? Anybody know this inductor value?