Is Repairing an iPhone 5 Screen Easy to Do?

Talk specifically about iPhone 5 here.
manihtw
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPad Mini 3
I've owned this device for: A week or two.

Is Repairing an iPhone 5 Screen Easy to Do?

Post by manihtw » February 18th, 2016, 9:25 pm

I wondered if anyone has had experience repairing an iPhone 5 screen themselves and whether its easy enough to do yourself? I presume you can buy a replacement online and then just fit it with paying a shop to do it but its not been anything I've tried before. In the past, the most adventurous I've been is replacing the battery or SIM card myself.

manihtw
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPad Mini 3
I've owned this device for: A week or two.

Re: Is Repairing an iPhone 5 Screen Easy to Do?

Post by manihtw » February 19th, 2016, 4:23 am

I bought my used iPhone 5 at a second-hand bidding site http://www.for-sale.in/iphone a bit like ebay and was told it was in mint condition. Surprise, surprise, on arrival, there is a small crack at the corner of the screen and the seller is standing firm that it must have been caused during the delivery process. Clearly he's lying but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place so may as well just get it repaired myself. I'm living in India and I'm sure there's probably a phone shop I can visit for cheap but i'd be quite keen to have a go myself if possible, why not! I would have to source the screen though and I have no idea how much they'd cost to buy over here. Maybe its just not worth the hassle.