iPhone 4s, screen looks wet and bubbly.

Talk specifically about iPhone 4 & 4S here.
Technology_Geek
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPhone 4S
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

iPhone 4s, screen looks wet and bubbly.

Post by Technology_Geek » March 16th, 2015, 11:45 pm

[album][/album]I needed to replace the battery in my wife's 16GB white iPhone 4S and my 32GB black iPhone 4s. I am skilled and technical, lots of experience tearing things down, soldering, re-capping, whatever is needed. My black iPhone, just replaced the battery, piece of cake, worked great. My wife's phone though had an issue with the side volume button prior to the battery replacement. They volume would keep going up until it was maxed out, and even if you lowered the volume, as soon as you let off the minus lower volume button, it would magically start to climb back up until it was as loud as it could go. I jailbroke my wife's phone just to fix the volume buttons by disabling them, lol. Anyways, I used some electrical contact cleaner on the volume buttons, blew out the corner of the phone where I sprayed the cleaner with compressed air, etc., but after that, on bootup, everything looks wet and bubbly on the screen (see screenshots). I took apart again and cleaned with rubbing alcohol , removing all the ribbon cables on the board using cutips, same issue. I then stripped and removed the board and cleaned all the contacts in alcohol, also cleaned the board and dried completely. Same issue when phone comes up. Wondering what I need to clean or replace on the cheap at this point to fix the phone since I just replaced the battery, volume problem is fixed (ROFL), but main screen looks shitty from contact cleaner that got inside the top of the phone. Any opinions or advice is very much appreciated, as well as your time spent looking at what happened.

RapidRepair
Founder
Founder

Re: iPhone 4s, screen looks wet and bubbly.

Post by RapidRepair » September 18th, 2015, 1:35 pm

You need a new screen, they are around $20 now.