Screen Message

Discuss anything iPad here all generations and all model iPads!

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

Liam1000
Noob
Noob
My Device: I pad
I've owned this device for: Three months or more.

Screen Message

Post by Liam1000 » June 25th, 2012, 3:39 pm

I have an I pad that was working, and now there is a message on the screen that cannot be deleated and stops me turning the I pad on. So I have no way of deleating the message this message reads CANNOT VERIFY SERVER IDENTITY Hotmail cannot verify the identity of the "col-m.hotmail.com". Would you like to continue anyway then three boxes marked Cancel Details Continue But they do not respond to touching, and no other control will switch on or off. and the slide power on control is not responding.
So my question is why did it happen and how do I restore the original settings, all I was doing was reading my mail then switched the pad off am
and the next time I switched it on the message was there. Don't think anyone else touched it, but it is possible my grandson played with it

bvronko

Re: Screen Message

Post by bvronko » June 28th, 2012, 11:16 am

Holding the power and home button for 7-10 seconds will power off the unit. Try that. Otherwise if it is not responding you may need to have someone look at it to see what the problem is. here is a link to our free diagnostic service if the issue persists. http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipad-re ... vices.html