new ipod jack?

Have a new idea? Put it here

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

tristinGrind
Noob
Noob

new ipod jack?

Post by tristinGrind » January 17th, 2007, 5:00 pm

i just recently purchased both an 80gig ipod video and a burton snowboarding backpack. i bought the backback due to the fact that it can control your ipod from the shoulder straps while the ipod is safely in your backpack. now when i got the backpack (without having the ipod with me) i assumed it worked...it did...sorta.

the thing is, is the connector to get the ipod to be controlable is through the headphone jack and is for an earlier gen so it has that other weird connector on it.

the newer ipod videos are only equiped with the headphone jack. is there a way to mod the top of an ipod video with this:

and allow control? or maybe someone has a better way. any help would be appreciated.

tristin

John

Post by John » January 18th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Hello Tristin. Unfortunately we are not aware of any way to 'mod' the Video iPod to allow a different headphone jack assembly to work. The Video model has a completely different headphone jack assembly. As far as the backpack, you might need something that controls your iPod through the dock connector in the bottom, rather than the headphone jack. (There may even be an adapter for the pack that you purchased). Hopefully this helps.

tristinGrind
Noob
Noob

Post by tristinGrind » January 21st, 2007, 10:26 pm

so, what would it take to be able to use the docking port rather than the headphone jack? is there anythng that you know of? if i were to take some pictures of the backpack connections would it be easier for you to think of something i could do?

im very capable of soldering(i do it for a living lol) but know nothing of ipod accessories/equipment. can i splice a dock plug with the backpack plug and expect good results?

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

Post by ilandboi14 » January 22nd, 2007, 1:55 am

you do the slipceing but its very hard and its just too confusing if you dont know what your doing

but theres an adapter that you can get else where

toooo bad ipodmods doesnt have it

but it just plugs into the dock adapter of the newer ipods and it let you use

things such as the ipod remote and the ibeam and other thingys that you use to be able the use on the older ipods through the top headphones connection and

RapidRepair
Founder
Founder

Post by RapidRepair » January 26th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Apple sells different remotes for the Video, you can check them out online. These new remotes will still allow you to control the ipod functions through the headphone jack without the aid of the seperate port.

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

Post by ilandboi14 » May 6th, 2007, 1:00 am

finally found the thing its called the " V-link "and its on ebay but I'm not to shure to as trust it though