Headphones through dock connector

Have a new idea? Put it here

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

mytakamineg240
Noob
Noob

Headphones through dock connector

Post by mytakamineg240 » November 3rd, 2006, 2:03 pm

Has anyone tryed hooking up headphone through the dock connector on the bottom of their ipod. I hae a mini with a broken headphone jack. If I pu my ipod on the dock and connect headphones to the line out, I get sound. This is a bit too bulky to carry around though. My question is: is it possible to rig a set of headphones to connect to the dock connector?

ColorEnvy

Re: Headphones through dock connector

Post by ColorEnvy » December 4th, 2006, 5:57 pm

mytakamineg240 wrote:Has anyone tryed hooking up headphone through the dock connector on the bottom of their ipod. I hae a mini with a broken headphone jack. If I pu my ipod on the dock and connect headphones to the line out, I get sound. This is a bit too bulky to carry around though. My question is: is it possible to rig a set of headphones to connect to the dock connector?
We dont sell a connector like this, but we do sell a dock connector to male stereo plug, you could buy a female to female adapter and plug it in that way, or make a custom cable out of one of ours. ie cut the male end of and splice in a female connector.

laurenglenn

Post by laurenglenn » April 6th, 2007, 12:23 am

mytakamineg240 wrote:Has anyone tryed hooking up headphone through the dock connector on the bottom of their ipod. I hae a mini with a broken headphone jack. If I pu my ipod on the dock and connect headphones to the line out, I get sound. This is a bit too bulky to carry around though. My question is: is it possible to rig a set of headphones to connect to the dock connector?
I have an adapter that I got at CompUSA that connects to the dock and gives you a headphone and old remote connector like on the previous G models.

Problem is that the sound is line out (unamplified).

Lauren

ColorEnvy

Post by ColorEnvy » April 6th, 2007, 1:39 pm

laurenglenn wrote:
I have an adapter that I got at CompUSA that connects to the dock and gives you a headphone and old remote connector like on the previous G models.

Problem is that the sound is line out (unamplified).

Lauren
That was something I failed to think of that, it is only a line out and hsa no volume controls available.

labiteena
Noob
Noob
My Device: NOKIA
I've owned this device for: One month.

Post by labiteena » December 3rd, 2009, 6:51 am

How do you setup a headphone on xbox360 live ? Does anyone know how to setup a headphone on Xbox360 live? I got my headphone from the premium bundle. Will give best answer to the first person who helps me out.

Justin

Post by Justin » December 3rd, 2009, 1:10 pm

Plug it into the controller.

ZuneCat
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by ZuneCat » June 29th, 2011, 9:13 pm

ColorEnvy wrote:
We dont sell a connector like this, but we do sell a dock connector to male stereo plug, you could buy a female to female adapter and plug it in that way, or make a custom cable out of one of ours. ie cut the male end of and splice in a female connector.
I'm well aware that this is a much older post, but I was curious to know if anyone on here could perhaps supply a link to the dock connector that ColorEnvy was talking about? As unfortunate (and pathetic) as it seems, I haven't been able to find it anyone on the site. I'm trying to hook up the headphones in the same manner as mytakamineg240 here.

And one more question: could the process of hooking up your headphones also work for hooking the iPod up to your home theater systems? Any sort of advice would be sincerely appreciated! Thanks, folks!

harry4321
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPhone
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by harry4321 » October 23rd, 2011, 7:26 am

I had this same problem and diddent want to pay the full price for a fix. So i found this adaptor on eBay, shipped from the UK (unlike most other adaptors of this kind) came next day and works a treat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320777719204? ... 5806784592