Xbox Game NOT READING

Have a new idea? Put it here

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

jf_comp
Noob
Noob

Xbox Game NOT READING

Post by jf_comp » January 2nd, 2008, 1:22 pm

My Xbox 360 will not read game disks. The unit loads the disk and spins it up, but the game system simply does not see it. I tried using compressed air to clear out any dust in the player, and also tried one of those disk cleaning units with the little brush on it but no good. Anyone have any ideas? THX

Justin

Post by Justin » January 7th, 2008, 5:09 pm

You most likely have a problem with the laser inside the unit. It could be misaligned or the read strength or speed could be off, although we would have to test the 360 to know for sure. This is something you would have to send the xbox somewhere to fix, unless you have good knowledge of MS hardware and programs. If you are in the local area, we would be happy to take a look at it for you. Hope that helps!

jf_comp
Noob
Noob

XBox not working

Post by jf_comp » January 7th, 2008, 6:09 pm

Hi thanks for the info. I am an experienced computer tech but have never worked with game units. Is there a program that I can use to diagnose this? Would I connect to the unit via USB, etc?

THX

BAMF

Post by BAMF » February 2nd, 2008, 5:20 am

FYI, Microsoft has extended the Xbox 360's warranty to 3 years. This should cover virtually all consoles in circulation at this time. Not trying to take any business from RR, just thought you'd like to know...

jf_comp
Noob
Noob

Post by jf_comp » February 6th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Awesome thank you very much. I don't have a receipt but maybe they will take it back anyway.

BAMF

Post by BAMF » February 6th, 2008, 5:32 pm

If you don't have your receipt, they can look up the manufacture date by the serial number. I had the 'red ring of death' on my first 360 and I just called the toll-free number and they were able to open a claim for me based on the serial number alone.

Good luck!

patricia123
Noob
Noob

Re: Xbox Game NOT READING

Post by patricia123 » January 7th, 2009, 1:15 pm

What is the difference between an xbox and an xbox halo special edition green? I'm purchasing this for a gift and would like to know. Can you play xbox 360 games on the xbox halo special edition green game? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Justin

Re: Xbox Game NOT READING

Post by Justin » January 7th, 2009, 1:21 pm

The only difference is the color and design on the unit/controller. As long as it's an xbox 360, you are going to be just fine. Hope that helps!