lighted ivue

Have a new idea? Put it here

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

lighted ivue

Post by ilandboi14 » November 5th, 2007, 4:41 am

i just found out that you can have either a lighted screen or a lighted front on an ipod that has the ivue

all you do is use the lights from the screen and relocate them to the front it's alright

but as of now im learning to solder and im going to make it so that i can have both a lighted front and a lighted screen

i took the light strip(thats what im calling it, it has 4 leds on it that light up the ipod video's screen) and removed it from the back and moved it over the board and under the click wheel, there is just enough space to have it fit

un till i learn how to solder i'll up some pictures (once i take them) of the whole thing and hows it going so far.

11/5/2007 12:52 Pm. US Pacific - day 1 anouncement

Mikey
My Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by Mikey » November 5th, 2007, 10:07 am

Hey have you seen what acidmods did to our iVue. Seriously, it is twisted sick, and only a mad genius would have thought of it. And seeing as your thinking of it now, you must be a mad genius in the making!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPH0IXkCKAc

Enjoy, adn post some shots of your creation. I'm getting bored with my pod, so I am looking for new ideas!!![/url]

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

Post by ilandboi14 » November 6th, 2007, 12:11 am

yeah once i get it all back up together i'll post some shots of whats going on,

SO far i have the ipod video lighted up in the front but no light for the screen.

***EDIT***

i just made some shots of whats going on, as in progress and so far it's looking good, the green foil is from a gum wrapper, since i broke an led and had to finish the circuit, and theres also only 3 lights but there'll be 4 when/once im done

here, i shows my ipod and the ipod that im working on towards lightening up.

thats the light strip from under the screen

ANd the green thing like i said is the gum wrapper to connect the circuit,

on the back where the screen ribbon is theres 2 parts, one for the lcd and one for the leds

the tiny orange one is the one fro the leds

see;

Mikey
My Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by Mikey » November 6th, 2007, 10:16 am

:P See, now I'm really going to have to start on mine. The problem is I want to find the smallest possible sound activated cathode, and they all seem a little to large. grrr.

Is it just the camera that making those LEDs look bright like that, or is your iPod going to double as a flashlight?

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

Post by ilandboi14 » November 6th, 2007, 11:01 am

yeah the lights since i turned them around they now face outward and the brightness level on them are at the highest so i now i can just make my ipod face like a light since it actually lights up the front.

and yeah the camera is a shitty one as well.

but the oen that f00f00 found i think he knows about it since he was the guy who did it with his psp.

fizz
Noob
Noob

synceD?

Post by fizz » November 18th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Thats pretty cool what you did to your ipod :P
Im trying to do something similar to my nano which is probably harder since it's smaller :?

I got a quick question, do those led's sync with the backlight of the screen?

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

Post by ilandboi14 » November 19th, 2007, 2:41 am

those leds are from the screen. im trying to solder another pair of them onto the same contact, i haven't really found much out.

the extra pair of leds are from an old broken screen that i have and right now i dont have one that'll fit but im working on it, slowly but shurely something will happen.

shivy1991
Noob
Noob

Post by shivy1991 » February 25th, 2008, 6:41 pm

can u please post a clearer image for the connection and put an arrow please, i got some red and green leds and im thinking about getting the clear case

:D