Ipod w/ Zune OS

Have a new idea? Put it here

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

blued3vi1
Noob
Noob

Ipod w/ Zune OS

Post by blued3vi1 » August 16th, 2007, 11:34 am

This is just an imagined idea that i have, but what if someone was to whipe out the OS of the ipod from the hard drive and put the Zune's software into it.....would it operate correctly acording to the ipods hardware setup.....and if not is there a way to MOD it.....cuz ever since the zune came out i always thought their click wheel was touch sensitive like the ipod.....it would b cool if u could operate their system using an ipod. I personally like the look of the zune when it comes to how the menus are set up and all but i will never give up my ipod click wheel.

ColorEnvy

Re: Ipod w/ Zune OS

Post by ColorEnvy » August 21st, 2007, 5:07 pm

blued3vi1 wrote:This is just an imagined idea that i have, but what if someone was to whipe out the OS of the ipod from the hard drive and put the Zune's software into it.....would it operate correctly acording to the ipods hardware setup.....and if not is there a way to MOD it.....cuz ever since the zune came out i always thought their click wheel was touch sensitive like the ipod.....it would b cool if u could operate their system using an ipod. I personally like the look of the zune when it comes to how the menus are set up and all but i will never give up my ipod click wheel.
Unfortunatly the hardware is completely different so it wouldnt be as easy as just copying it over. As far as mods, i am not aware of anyway to do what you propose.

Metal Mike
Noob
Noob

Post by Metal Mike » September 2nd, 2007, 9:15 pm

You could make the Ipod interface seem like a zune, if you put linux or something on the ipod and program it to act the way you wanted it to.

ColorEnvy

Post by ColorEnvy » September 3rd, 2007, 9:34 pm

Metal Mike wrote:You could make the Ipod interface seem like a zune, if you put linux or something on the ipod and program it to act the way you wanted it to.
Check out rockbox, its a pretty good full featured OS made for the iPod

ckent42
Noob
Noob

Post by ckent42 » September 12th, 2007, 2:51 am

it's not quit the zune software, but rockbox.org has software for the ipod that you can make look and run sort of like the zune. It's pretty cool.

ilandboi14
VIP
VIP

Post by ilandboi14 » October 16th, 2007, 3:08 am

try ipod wizard it has some stuff there

where you can EDIT the graphics on your ipod.

BE CAREFUL though

it is hard work and you must read everything throughly.

on my ipod i changed the the battery icons to show percentages

and the blue bar(s) i changed them to green.

if you just google it try searching iwizard , or ipod wizard.