ipad touch 2G missing gold spring by the bh

Open for all iPod related questions

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

John238
Noob
Noob
My Device: ipod touch 2G
I've owned this device for: I just bought it.

ipad touch 2G missing gold spring by the bh

Post by John238 » July 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm

Hi,
My daughter just came into an ipod touch 2G. It is a hand me down via a hand me down (2 previous owners).

It has some minor damage:

1. The digitizer ribbon cable is broken
2. It’s missing lots of screws
3. It’s missing a spring connector to the home button

The damage is the reason why I believe it was given to her. I need to fix a few things on it but one thing that has me stumped, and I have searched the www far and wide, her ipod seems to be missing the little gold spring that is screwed down to the docking port. The gold spring next to the printed bh.

Can that spring be purchased?

If not I can probably cut down a spring from a pen and attach it with the screw for the docking port. I would rather have the spring that was designed to go there if it is available.

My daughter has plugged the ipod touch into her computer and it charged up, it lights up, it seems to work.

I attached an ohmmeter to the home button on the front glass and when the home button is pressed the meter reads a short so the button works.

Aside from the three problems that are listed the ipod seems to be in reasonable shape.

Thanks for any ideas.

Edit: to add a pictrue Image

bvronko

Re: ipad touch 2G missing gold spring by the bh

Post by bvronko » August 11th, 2011, 1:27 pm

We don't regularly sell that component on our website however we could still sell you one if you would like. The best way to proceed would be for you to call in so we can place an order for you over the phone. Let the representative know you have want to place an order for a product not listed on the site and they will be able to help you out. Thanks