Ipod Touch fell off the table-HELP

Open for all iPod related questions

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

PeacecorpsVolunteer
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPod
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Ipod Touch fell off the table-HELP

Post by PeacecorpsVolunteer » September 29th, 2010, 11:18 am

I have a 1st generation 16GB iPod touch that was working well until it accidently fell off the table while it was still plugged into my computer. It still turns on and works as before, however, the place you plug the USB charger no longer works. I assume it bent from the fall. The ipod was taken to an apple store and they said that to replace the part it would cost $199 USD.

Is there a cheaper solution? Some one mentioned wireless chargers. Do these work for iPod touch?

Any help you can provide me would be much appreciated because I am a Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala who makes $12 a day and music and podcasts are fundamental for my peace of mind here.

FYI: I sent the ipod with a fellow volunteer who went to the states for a 3 week visit so it is in the states now and he can pick up a wireless charger if need be. I just want to find the most cost efficient way of resolving this problem.

Thank you so very much!

Justin

Re: Ipod Touch fell off the table-HELP

Post by Justin » October 4th, 2010, 10:36 am

The dock connector on the bottom is actually the very bottom portion of the main circuitboard, and that is why the cost seems so high. We have those in stock, look here: http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/4230-ma ... touch.html and give us a call if you have additional questions/concerns. Thank you!