ipod touch 8gb 2g home key

Open for all iPod related questions

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

hay2u2
Noob
Noob
My Device: ipod touch 8gb 2g
I've owned this device for: I just bought it.

ipod touch 8gb 2g home key

Post by hay2u2 » June 12th, 2010, 7:32 pm

i just got a damaged ipod touch off of ebay and it is pretty much repaired but the "gold spring" on the motherboard for the home key is missing i plan on using a makeshift copper part but if anyone knows where i can get one let me know
ZDAkLBXHmwnPXALX.huge.jpg
ZDAkLBXHmwnPXALX.huge.jpg (490.22 KiB) Viewed 7715 times

John

Re: ipod touch 8gb 2g home key

Post by John » July 19th, 2010, 10:06 am

Hello,

Unfortunately that is not normally a part that we offer as it is integral to the mainboard. On a case-by-case basis we may be able to repair that if you give us a call and have us perform the repair. Otherwise, any conductive, flexible metal will work here if it can be soldered to the mainboard and can hold pressure to the home button backplate. I've taken a measurement if it helps for the height of the spring and it is just over 2mm, you might even go to 3mm, and it is shaped into an "S". Hope this helps!

John

tcbtac
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPod
I've owned this device for: One month.

Post by tcbtac » January 25th, 2011, 12:35 am

So, I have this same issue. The gold piece is missing. How much would you charge to fix it? If not, how does it attach to the board? Is it somewhat easy to do? At this point, the glass was broken in the take apart, and the lcd was damaged as well. That is another $25 in parts, but all of that is useless without that gold piece. Hoping that you can help!

don_the_greek
My Device: iPad
I've owned this device for: A year or two.
Location: Appletown, USA... the westside, in a van...down by the river...

Post by don_the_greek » February 17th, 2011, 5:48 pm

For pricing feel free to call us at 888-763-6637! You can also send the unit to us for a FREE comprehensive diagnostic by signing up here:

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipod-re ... vices.html