iPod Touch - water damage

Open for all iPod related questions

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

PoconoPCDoctor
Noob
Noob

iPod Touch - water damage

Post by PoconoPCDoctor » June 26th, 2009, 9:26 am

I just got the email from Rapid Repair saying you had received my iPod for repair.

This is the sad story.

The iPod Touch went through the washing machine. Then the dry cycle. That's when I discovered it clunking around - it made a lot of noise.

I left it alone for quite while. Then plugged it in. Then attached it to my Mac Book Pro - it tried a recovery and voila - I got all my icons back!

Great! But then, in the excitement of the moment, I tried upgrading the iPod Touch to the latest firmware. Can you say brick?

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys can actually repair this or do all the electronics (excepting maybe the screen - that seems fine) have to be replaced?

Thanks!

Jim Lyons
East Stroudsburg, PA

bvronko

Re: iPod Touch - water damage

Post by bvronko » July 10th, 2009, 11:28 am

Well if you received the receipt email on the 26th then you should have then diagnostic info already. If not give us a call at 888.763.6637 and we can answer any question you have. Good luck.

Pomona
Noob
Noob
My Device: PDAfsafsd
I've owned this device for: I just bought it.

Re: iPod Touch - water damage

Post by Pomona » December 17th, 2010, 12:35 am

Horrible happen in your ipod, well I think that is only 60/40 chance to recover all files inside the ipod. How could be happen you don’t check the pocket of all pants that you insert in washing machine. I think the damage is from the hard then it corrupt the software.