iPhone 3GS Unusual problem

Discuss anything iPhone here all generations and all model iPhones!

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

RyanHallas
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPhone 3GS
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by RyanHallas » October 9th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Hi, my iPhone 3GS has suddenly erupted with a strange problem, I recently replaced the logic screen and front screen protector itself, whilst doing this some back light issues also came along and I can only have my iPhone around 50% brightness otherwise the back light will completely turn off if I go higher. I fixed it around 3 weeks ago and has been working great since. Up until 3 days ago it started turning off, would come back on immediately and work fine but then it took longer to turn on after it turned off, hope I'm not losing you... But today, it has turned off, not coming back on (holding both home and lock buttons), up until I put it on charge. When its on charge it boots up fine but I for some reason have no signal, constantly 'searching', the time is wrong (01:00 every time it restarts) and it says I have 100% battery or varies between, I know my battery isn't full. The home button is also unresponsive now. As soon as my iPhone is took off charge it will turn off and only restart if put on charge. No water damage, seems like a progressive problem to me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Update: Just opened up my iPhone for another look and the gold SP1 and SP2 connectors are damaged and out of place, could this be the problem? Shall I get a whole home button assembly kit?

Mikey
My Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen

Re: iPhone 3GS Unusual problem

Post by Mikey » October 11th, 2012, 10:29 am

@ RyanHallas,

So it appears you replaced the LCD screen and Glass digitizer on your phone. Have you tried opening and ensuring that all the connectors are fully connected to the board? Loose connections could cause all these problems. As far as the time, that will correct itself once it connects to a cellular network. And with the home button, you will want to make sure that the ribbon is not torn. It is quite easy to do that when replacing the glass on the phone due to it being layered right underneath the glass.

Please let us know how it goes.

RyanHallas
Noob
Noob

Post by RyanHallas » October 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm

@Mikey

Hi, yes I have just this minute replaced the home button, it's working fine now, but the phone still has the same problem, all of the connectors are fully connected and double checked, I'm beginning to think it's a motherboard failure or a battery failure, doesn't make sense about having no signal though.

P.S. Nor does my WiFi work, the option to turn on the WiFi has gone and just greyed out.

- Ryan

Mikey
My Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen

Post by Mikey » October 11th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Yeah, that's either an antenna you are missing? #6 or #7 are the two antenna's? Although now that you have mentioned the grey'd out status does point more towards the board being faulty....

RyanHallas
Noob
Noob

Post by RyanHallas » October 11th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Hmm, it doesn't make sense for it to be anything but the board really, it has been a progressive thing though, I'm unsure whether the battery may have ran its life though, since it turns on only when plugged in? Any ways of diagnosing a faulty battery?

vfdservFus
Noob
Noob
My Device: vfdservFus
I've owned this device for: One month.

Post by vfdservFus » October 27th, 2019, 1:33 pm

I know. An automatic FR-S is a cardinal sin. I repent in sackloth and ashes.

The problem Im having is that the knob wont shift up or down in manual mode, while the paddles shift just fine. Ive been looking around online but havent seen a solution and figured Id ask here.

Has anyone had/heard of issues with this?

<a href=https://prom-electric.ru/>.</a>