Zune 120GB USB Device Malfunctioning

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

mgaston1
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune 120GB
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Zune 120GB USB Device Malfunctioning

Post by mgaston1 » September 15th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Hi,

I recently got my Zune 120GB fixed at a different location. It wouldn't turn on and the computer wouldnt recognize it either, therefore I assumed the battery was dead. I took it in for repair, they fixed it, but when I connect it to my PC, I receive a message saying that the "USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it".

I have tried everything. There was an instance in which the device actually did show up on the Zune software, but as a Guest. I wasn't able to change the sync relationship either, it would just redirect back to the same screen.

At this point, the Zune device itself functions and I am able to see the main screen, scroll and actually use it, but it's empty because every time I've connected it to my computer it will simply not be recognized by the Zune Software, the PC states that it is a malfunctioned device. I've also tried it on someone elses computer and I get the same malfunctioning message.

I've tried updating the driver...I'm a little bit of a loss because it's in perfect condition otherwise and I'd like for it to work. Any suggestions/Advice or ideas of what is going on?

RapidRepair
Founder
Founder

Re: Zune 120GB USB Device Malfunctioning

Post by RapidRepair » September 18th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Sounds like the board is bad..