Zune 80 repair question

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

Willy Nilly
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune
I've owned this device for: Over 5 years.

Zune 80 repair question

Post by Willy Nilly » August 27th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Hello. I have a Zune 80 that is several years old. I recently connected a venue's sound system into the headphone jack and the whole thing shut down. (there were issues with the sound system and the sound tech actually plugged the microphone cable into it if that means anything) It would not turn back on until I plugged it in to charge for approx a 1/2 hour and reset it. At that point it would sync and charge although it got rather warm to touch. I thought "yay, it's not dead!" However, the Zune will not play any sound out the headphone jack now. And the battery drains to completely dead within a few hours even when not in use.

Have you seen this type of failure before and could it all be caused by the headphone jack assembly? Or would I be looking at a more costly main board? I can find the parts costs for the different items, but can you tell me what the standard labor charge is for repairs before I would send it in for the diagnostic?

Thank you

bvronko

Re: Zune 80 repair question

Post by bvronko » September 18th, 2013, 11:02 am

Well if it is getting warm to the touch them it is likely a problem with the motherboard. We would charge $30-$40 to install third party parts for that.