Zune 80 GB does NOTHING!

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

5inko seven
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune 80GB
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Zune 80 GB does NOTHING!

Post by 5inko seven » November 9th, 2012, 1:36 am

I recently found my lost Zune 80 Gb, it was lost for at least 8 months. When I had it the screen broke but it still worked I just got a case and problem solved. However now that I found the zune I could not find my sync cable for it, so I went ahead and ordered a new genuine sync cable, I was so happy that I had found it because I lost my ipod touch too! so I also decided to order the lcd and the glass screen so that it would look like new. To my surprise I tried charging my zune today and the zune does nothing it does not even show the battery icon it does NADA I can't even hear the sound in my computer when plugged!! It has been plugged to my computer now for 4 hours I plan to leave it overnight to see if a miracle happens. I am very disappointed because I have already paid $70 in parts and tools and I just saw one on ebay for $105. I would gladly send to rapidrepair but I'm afraid I'm going to pay more than it would have had cost me since I will ship from here to RR for $3 and from RR to me $10. Thanks for whowever replies.

bvronko

Re: Zune 80 GB does NOTHING!

Post by bvronko » November 20th, 2012, 9:54 pm

The battery is likely the cause of the charging issues. If so we do that replacement for $45 which includes labor. If it helps the situation I am sure we could install the screen for you for no additional charge. Did you buy the parts from us? There is a potential we could give a discount for the battery replacement if so. It's always best to give us a call typically we can handle all questions in just a few minutes time and no back and forth. 888.763.6637