Zune 120gb

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

OrangeBuns
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune 120
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Zune 120gb

Post by OrangeBuns » September 6th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Hi, we've had our 120gb Zune for about 2 1/2 years now.

Sometime a couple months ago it wouldn't allow us to even come close to filling it. Then it began shutting off randomly.

We have since then reset it and put new music on it, to which we had to reset once again.

Now the computer/Zune software no longer recognizes the Zune. We have gone through all the Windows troubleshooting and, using another Zune, have figured out it's neither the computer nor the software.

It has sat for a couple of months in a drawer with the charger attached, and now has some kind of corrosion on both where you insert the charger and the charger itself.

It charges fine with this, turns on,etc. but has nothing on it nor can we put anything on it.

We plan on sending it in to be repaired if all else fails, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas?

Thanks.

bvronko

Re: Zune 120gb

Post by bvronko » September 10th, 2012, 9:24 am

Unfortunately if the device is not being recognized by the computer there is not much you can do. It is likely that some piece of hardware would need to be replaced in order to get that unit working again. We offer a free diagnostic service however here is a link to get started. http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/zune-re ... vices.html