Zune 16gb flash, replaced battery, still not working!

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

0tk421
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune
I've owned this device for: I just bought it.

Zune 16gb flash, replaced battery, still not working!

Post by 0tk421 » April 21st, 2012, 3:18 am

I just bought a brand new 16gb flash zune to replace my 8gb flash Zune that I've had for several years. Although it is brand new the seller stated that it would need a new battery so I bought one and me and my brother set to work replacing it tonight. Neither of us are experts at this sort of thing but we've both taken apart electronics and soldered before so we thought it wouldn't be a problem. I should mention that the zune worked perfectly while plugged in prior to us taking it apart and messing with it. We couldn't get all the old solder off so we soldered the new wires on top and matched the color of the wires to where the old battery wires were and I've had it charging for about 5 hours now and I'm just getting a faint dead battery symbol when I try to turn it on (with no backlight). If I unplug the zune and try to power it on I get a red sliver low battery symbol, but it still won't power on. I'm pretty sure we did something wrong, any thoughts? Do we need to go back and remove all the old solder or is it possible the wires are in the wrong positions? Or does it just need to charge longer? I'm really hoping I didn't waste a whole bunch of money...

Help is very appreciated :)

ColorEnvy

Re: Zune 16gb flash, replaced battery, still not working!

Post by ColorEnvy » May 21st, 2012, 9:24 pm

Its possible that the wires are incorrectly installed. Although it is sounds to me that the board may be faulty, it probably is not actually sending a charge to the battery. We offer free diagnostic services and would e happy to look at it and tell you for sure what it needs, and if your aprove we would get it fixed for you.