Zune 30gb play DVD's

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

thedude055
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune 30gb
I've owned this device for: I just bought it.

Zune 30gb play DVD's

Post by thedude055 » December 31st, 2011, 11:49 am

I have a new (old) to me 1st gen Zune 30gb coming in the mail. I would like to be able to put movies that I own on DVD onto the player. How is this done. I wanted to know if there was more software i need or if it will work fine.

Marty
My Device: 4th Gen Touch
I've owned this device for: Over 6 months.

Re: Zune 30gb play DVD's

Post by Marty » January 3rd, 2012, 12:17 pm

In order to convert a DVD to Zune format you will need to accomplish two tasks.

First off you will need some form of video capture device or software. The video capture is used to record the DVD and create a digital copy on your computer. You can purchase devices that directly connect from your DVD player and copies the image to your computer. Also the software can be used via computer to copy the DVD's image. Your best bet to find such a device or software to do this is by doing some searching for video capture via Google.

Secondly once you have the DVD in digital form, you will need to convert it to WMV format to be able to use with a Zune unit. There are many digital converters you can use on the computer to do this. Once it’s in recognized format by Zune you can add the movie to Zune media player and sync with your Zune device. Again best way to find a suitable converter is doing some searching on Google! It shouldn't be too hard to find a converter that is free or that has a trial period.

Best of Luck!

hamaliabrith
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPhone
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Re: Zune 30gb play DVD's

Post by hamaliabrith » December 6th, 2013, 5:02 am

Yes, First off you will need some form of video capture device or software. The video capture is used to record the DVD and create a digital copy on your computer
Then you can put your video to your dvd for playing, but if your video is not supported by your dvd player, you also need another software. You can learn how to convert wmv for playing on dvd with Firecoresoft Splendvd.