30 gb zune problem

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

Dinzu
Noob
Noob
My Device: zune
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

30 gb zune problem

Post by Dinzu » July 20th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Well I have had this for years and it just started acting up. My PC and xbox won't detect it and it has a charging problem. It will die then charge just enough to be on for a few minutes, then stop charging and die again and repeat. Anyone know what needs to be replaced?

Justin

Re: 30 gb zune problem

Post by Justin » July 21st, 2009, 10:19 am

If it was the battery, it should stay running when you have it plugged in, but since it's not it might be the mainboard. We would have to get it in here and test it to know for sure though. Look here: http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipod-re ... vices.html and give us a call if you have additional questions/concerns. Thanks!

Dinzu
Noob
Noob
My Device: zune
I've owned this device for: A year or two.

Post by Dinzu » July 22nd, 2009, 9:34 pm

Justin wrote:If it was the battery, it should stay running when you have it plugged in, but since it's not it might be the mainboard. We would have to get it in here and test it to know for sure though. Look here: http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipod-re ... vices.html and give us a call if you have additional questions/concerns. Thanks!
Hey, I recently found a few things. It will charge fully whenever I plug it into my computer/xbox when they are off, but when they are on it won't charge until its dead and then it gives it enough to last 5 mins then it repeats that cycle. Does that help at all?

AndrewL
Noob
Noob
My Device: Zune 30gb
I've owned this device for: Over 5 years.

Post by AndrewL » April 24th, 2012, 7:33 am

Has this issue been resolved. I have taken my Zune 30gb First Gen apart and reseated everything together and the Battery still will have the same problem. I have tried waiting for the battery to be completely drained but again it will retort to the problem I am having with it. I am thinking it may be a mainboard issue but I want to see what others have found.