Zune 80gb problems - Error code c00d124d

Zune Parts, Discussion, Upgrades & Repair

Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods

bdgrfandm
Noob
Noob

Zune 80gb problems - Error code c00d124d

Post by bdgrfandm » June 24th, 2009, 7:27 pm

I've recently had problems with syncing and had reset the zune and reset the firmware. Now when syncing I get to 1.86 gb synced in and receive the following error:

"your zune is not responding. Please disconnect it, restart it, then try again. To restart blah blah blah blahhhhh"

Error Code:
C00D124D

Has anybody seen this and know what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,

Darin

bvronko

Re: Zune 80gb problems - Error code c00d124d

Post by bvronko » July 6th, 2009, 2:39 pm

You most likely have a damaged hard drive. Sounds like it has some bad sectors and when it gets to those areas on the platter it fails.

Here is a link to the part you need on our site.

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/3117-mi ... drive.html

It could also be the hard drive interface cable, while less likely. You could just get a free diagnostic done as well. Link below

http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/ipod-re ... vices.html

Justinlilly7
Noob
Noob
My Device: iPod
I've owned this device for: Two months.

Re: Zune 80gb problems - Error code c00d124d

Post by Justinlilly7 » March 3rd, 2010, 7:13 am

I didn't do erase all. I always reinitialized it by holding down Back+Up and then Back+Center+Play as it booted up. If there are new drivers this is news to me. As far as the MS website goes and whatever drivers I installed through the 4.2 software, the driver is the 4.2.58.0 with the date 10/20/2009. I've tried updating the driver but it says that it's up to date. And no, my Zune Software runs off the computer. Only my music was on the external.
But as I said before. Every would work fine up until the latest firmware. I could remove, add, and update music, playlists, videos etc. It very frustrating at this point.