Everything Mod's here
Moderator: Rapid Repair Team Mods
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: April 11th, 2010, 3:33 pm
- My Device: ipod
- I've owned this device for: Over 6 months.
I am going to replace the HD on my 80gb Ipod Classic. The hard drive in my Ipod now is a Toshiba MK8022GAA, I am wondering if I can replace that with a Toshiba MK8010GAH without needing to replace any other parts. Thanks.
- Posts: 292
- Joined: April 29th, 2007, 10:46 am
- My Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen
- I've owned this device for: A year or two.
- Location: In your mind....
If you replace the 8022 drive with the 8010GAH, you will need to do a part changes. This is due to the fact that the MK8010GAH is a thicker drive (8MM) than the original drive (the MK8022GAA is only 5MM thick). You would need to replace the back panel, battery, and optionally, the headphone jack for a nice secure fitting.